Preparation: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
1 bunch of organic silverbeet, cleaned and stemmed - reserve the stems and chop into small pieces
1⁄2 cup olive oil
1⁄2 bunch chopped spring onion
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup brown rice
1 can of organic diced tomato
1⁄2 bunch fresh dill, chopped
3 cups water
fresh ground black pepper
Squeeze of lemon juice Grated parmesan cheese
1. In a deep pan heat oil and gently fry onion and garlic until soft.
2. Add the chopped stems, brown rice, canned tomato, water and season with salt, cook for 20 minutes or until the brown rice has cooked through.
3. Add the silverbeet, together with the dill and stir well and cover. Reduce heat and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Leave tightly covered and allow to stand at least 1/2 an hour before serving.
5. Lastly, garnish with parmesan cheese, a squeeze of lemon juice, drizzle of olive oil and black pepper.