Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 45-55 minutes Serves: 15 slices
2 1/2 cups almond meal / flour
1/2 cup Loving Earth raw cacao
1/2 teaspoon baking soda or bicarb
1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
3 free range eggs
1/2 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup Pure Harvest rice malt syrup or honey
1. Preheat oven to 160 C.
2. Combine the dry ingredients - almond meal, cacao, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl.
3. Add the olive oil, coconut milk and brown rice malt syrup. Mix well.
4. Beat the eggs until light and fluffy and fold with a stainless steel spoon into the wet mixture. Fold the eggs in stages until you have a thick yet smooth batter.
5. Spoon into a 20 cm round baking tin that you have lined with baking paper to prevent sticking.
6. Bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until just cooked through.
7. Remove from the oven and cool completely, and then poor the Chocolate Ganache. Enjoy!