Prep: 25 mins Total time: 4 hrs 25 min (including setting time) Serves: 5-6
1 x 400 ml tin organic coconut milk
1 x 270 ml tin organic cocunut cream
3 tablespoons of rice malt syrup*
1 vanilla bean, cut lengthways and seeds scrapped
2 kaffir lime leaves
5 sheets (8 grams) of gelatine (not powder), soaked in cold water to soften
Garnish with your favourite berries, or assorted tropical diced fruits - kiwi, mango, strawberries, passionfruit and mix with a handful of shredded fresh mint or basil leaves
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut cream, coconut milk, rice malt syrup, vanilla bean and kaffir lime leaf over medium heat until the sides begin to bubble. Lower the heat.
2. Place sheets of gelatine into a bowl of cool water until they soften. Squeeze the water out of the softened gelatine and whisk or stir into the coconut mixture to make sure it is completely dissolved.
3. Remove from heat and once it has cooled strain the coconut mixture into a bowl and proceed to divide the coconut mixture evenly among 5-6 jars or glasses or ramekins.
4. Chill until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Garnish your favourite berries or diced tropical fruit. Enjoy!
*For a no fructose option, I recommend using Pure Harvest Organic Rice Malt Syrup.