Curry Spiced Roasted Cashews
1 ½ cup cashew nuts, activated*
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ tablespoon maple sugar
½ sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 135 degrees.
2. In a bowl add all ingrediants and mix well. Spread nut mixture evently on a tray lined with baking paper.
2. Roast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally so the cashews do not burn. Continue to roast for additional 10 min or more until crisp. Let cool and serve.
*Activate cashews by soaking for 4 hours in filtered water. Drain and spread on a tea towel to dry for 20 minutes.
Roasted Tamari Almonds
1 cup almonds, activated*
1 garlic cloves crushed
1 cm piece ginger grated
1 tablespoon tamari
1. Bake almonds on an over tray at 180 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Remove almonds and add the garlic, ginger and tamari and stir well. Bake for another 5 minutes. Let cool and serve.
*Activate almonds by soaking in filtered water for 12 hours or overnight.
Plus my Winter Citrus Olives